Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Metapost: A Post About Posts

I have several topics I want to blog about, but just as I can't do them all in any given day, I also can't post about them as fast as I want to. In no particular order, they are:
  • Writing - not about the blog itself, althought it fits the description, but actually about the other writing projects I am working on
  • Beer Tastings - as they happen, rather than days or weeks later
  • Music - akin to the Friday email I used to send at work, and nods to the old Bryonics tapes I made ages ago
  • Woodworking - hopefully I can finish the breakfast nook bench and get on with the library bookcase and window seat
  • Green Efforts - I've looked into this one a bit. Living in SoCal requires that I conserve water and I have a few ideas about that. I also think I can make other "green" strides.
  • Travel - though infrequent, the little outings here and there fill things in nicely
  • New Year's Resolution Progress - hey... I don't want to forget this one!
As strange as it might sound, I would also like some feedback from you all about what I should post about. What do you want to hear about on this blog?

3 comments:

  1. I think you should continue to write much as you have...just more steady. Update us with the progress of the various woodworking projects. Update us with the trips that you take. Update the rest of them with the beer tastings - I would hope to be able to read those posts and nod along in agreement as I was there for the tastings :). The music postings may be a little hard for me to understand if I'm not hearing the music itself...but, I'm willing to give it a shot. Anything that you think may be of interest to somebody; post about it. We'll read it all.

    So, I guess that I'd choose 'Option D: All of the above'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to read about nonlinear asymptote generation for n power polynomials, but since that wasn't an option, I think I would go for "whatever strikes your fancy". We're readers on your blog, you get to write about what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I've not stopped by in a long while; I've been busy with me own stuff.

    Write what moves you at the time, man. I've been so exhausted and swamped with other things, I've had no energy to put to my own blog, despite having nearly a dozen started pieces to put there. The time and effort it'd take to polish them up for release would eat up at least 4 full work days.

    And I want to hear about all that you mentioned--when you feel inclined to write it down.

    Steven
    http://www.steveneschend.com

    ReplyDelete